header

Image Map















Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 2013 Birchbox Review


Yay!  My first Birchbox has arrived!! 

What is Birchbox you ask!?  It's a monthly subscription box that gets mailed to your home for $10 a month containing 5 sample beauty products!  This is a great way to try out things you normally wouldn't and learn about products you've never heard of!  Brand name gems sent right to your door!
If you're interested in signing up - I get some points for referrals and you can sign up HERE :)

Ok, so down to the good stuff.

First, I was very surprised to see the size of the box when it arrived.  I mean, I know it's samples but for some reason when I saw other people post their reviews the boxes looked SO much bigger.
So do not be fooled my friends - birchbox in this picture may appear larger than it seems!


Ok - so opening it up I received...

1. Wanderlust Collection - Full Size Nail Polish in Reign in Spain
2. Coola SPF Sport - Sample Size - in Mango
3. Dr. Jart Premium BB Cream
4. Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes in Peppermint
5. uniqONE Hair Treatment

 
I'm going to be completely honest and let you know I have not tried the fresh feet wipes or Coola SPF (although after reading other reviews I hear they are great)  but I have tried the other 3 products and here is my mini review.
 
I absolutely LOVE the Wanderlust nail polish I received.  The bottle says full size but that's only because full size is mini nail polish sized.  It's not completely tiny though don't get me wrong - but "full size" when you buy it is actually a 4 pack of mini polishes which is how they got away calling it "full size"  but aside from that I LOVED this polish. It took 2 coats to go on nice and is thicker than some other polishes but I highly recommend it.  Its been on about 36 hours now and has not chipped!  Also the color (called Reign in Spain) is an AMAZING color for summer!  It's a coral-ish orange color.  It's gorgeous.  I can't stop looking at my hands and after this post I plan on painting my toes the same color. 
(Sorry for the miniature picture I will make sure they're larger next time)
BB Cream is next.  This got tons of great reviews and one of my girlfriends who also receives birchbox raved about this and how much she loved it but I didn't :(  I love BB Creams and use them a lot and this one was thick on my skin and didn't blend well. 
It also didn't match my skin tone very well.  All in all this isn't a product I would buy and I was disappointed in it but happy I received a BB Cream in my box to try anyway.

Next product is the uniqONE all in one leave in hair treatment. 
It was a nice sized sample in my opinion!  This is for all hair types and is designed to eliminate using several hair products such as defrizzers and leave in conditioners.  I've only used it once so far but - so far so good.  Not sure if I'm sold on buying it or if I feel like its a better product then the ones I currently use but I'm still open to it and have a few more uses out of my sample to try.
 
So that's my birchbox for August.  I'm not disappointed with it but I'm not in love with it either.   I am however keeping my prescription and already excited to receive next months box!
 

Did I mention I'm in love with this nail color?!

Do you receive Birchbox?  What did you get this month?
 
Until next time -
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment