header

Image Map















Monday, September 23, 2013

Holy Jalapeno!




I was making some chili in the crockpot and got around to the jalapenos.  I used a spoon to scoop out the middle and sliced them like normal.  Afterwards I washed my hands and kept going.  Well from being in the kitchen my face was slightly sweating and I wiped my upper lip with my hand and HOLY JALAPENO!

My face slowly began to burn and then all at once it felt like someone had poured ACID on my face!
My first reaction was to wash it - no bueno.  My boyfriend looked up a solution and here is what seriously saved my poor burning face and my sanity...

- Put some rubbing alcohol on the jalapeno burn spot (have everything else ready before you do this step because it burns like a mother) I put  mine on with a q-tip.

- Then follow it up with milk.  (I used a cotton swab)

- Next rub vegetable oil into the area.

- Followed by another cotton swab with water.

- Last but not least wash the area with dishwashing detergent.

And there you have it folks, jalapeno burn eased and your skin is saved!

Anyone else have any pepper burn experiences?



No comments:

Post a Comment