header

Image Map















Saturday, September 14, 2013

9 THINGS..... that drive me CRAZY.

I decided to start another "theme" post to do occasionally called "9 Things"
After my difficulty with finding topics to blog about for whatever the reason I found this little gem of a page with some ideas! 

So here goes the first "9 THINGS" post on my blog.....

 
9 things that drive me CRAZY.


 
 
1.  It drives me crazy when there is bad traffic and people drive up the shoulder just to get in front of everyone else.  This is probably my biggest pet peeve.  Selfishness at it's finest.  Why is your time more important than any of the rest of us waiting in traffic Mr. (or Mrs.) Impatient!
Seriously - I just CAN NOT handle this.  I sit in my head and imagine my car turning into a transformer and lifting this car up and sticking it in the back of the line or that I'm on Mario Kart and can throw a banana in front of them or shoot a red shell their way ...I've even considered as far as if I was a super hero my super power would be Karma (oh yeah sadly I've thought about this one in depth) and while they're driving up the side I'd simply point my finger and they'd get a flat.  Nothing horrible.  Just karma.  (I am aware this probably defeats the point of the word Karma and perhaps I should just said "fairness" or something but Karma Kelly has a better ring)  So please unless you are on fire do not drive up the shoulder of the road to cut in front of everyone else because you are driving me crazy!
 
  

2.  The thought or actual touching of a napkin on my teeth drives me crazy.  I have no idea what it is about this.  I'm not sure where it came from.  But it seriously makes me CRINGE.  I'm running my tongue over my teeth right now to try to get the thought out of my head.

 
 
 
3.  VOICEMAILS.  With today's technology if you are a friend of mine PLEASE do not leave me a voicemail  I hate listening to them.  Especially when it just says "hey its me - call me"  Yes, I have caller ID - I see you called and assume that means you want a call back.  Send me a text - please don't leave me a voicemail.  It drives me crazy.

 
 
4.  It drives me crazy that I curse.  I wouldn't mind if I did it once in a great while but unfortunately it's becoming a habit.  Call me sexist but when I hear women cursing when talking I really think yikes I wonder if they know how awful they sound.  Now I am not talking about the occasional curse word I'm talking about a curse word per sentence.  I've picked up doing it more than I like and slip and use it around people I'd rather not - so the fact that it's becoming a norm of mine is driving me fucking crazy! :)

 
 
5.  When people leave the top to the copy machine up at work.  It's always the same people.  I guess it's not that big of a deal in the long run but it definitely drives me crazy!!

 
 
6.  The people who let their kids run crazy - and think its cute - drive me crazy.  I'm not a parent so I try to be lax on this topic as much as I can but come on people have some common courtesy.  I love kids but I don't want to play 20 questions with your kid touching me while I'm trying to have a serious conversation at dinner.  Or trip over them while I'm in Target because you think its adorable the way they run away laughing when you tell them to come back 5x as you're staring at a bottle of Tide.  Drives me crazy.

 
 
7.  It drives me CRAZY when people don't say Thank-you.  It's such a simple gesture.  So easy to let it escape your lips - so why is it said less and less.  I try to say thank you all the time if someone is being polite or going out of their way for me so it's hard for me to understand when others don't do the same.  You're going to hold the door open for me?! Thank-you kind sir.  Oh I'll hold the door for this guy - sir, you don't say thank-you when I hold the door.....

 
 
 
8.  When you stop to let someone cross and they walk as if they haven't a care in the world.  Like they are a slug strolling across a sidewalk.  Especially when they give you the look - I think you guys probably know what I mean.  The "yeah you better stop" look.  Like it's your job to stop for them and dog gone it they're gonna make you work for that pay.   I think this kinda goes along with the same concept as saying thank you. 

 
And last but not least... 
 
9.  It drives me crazy that I over analyze everything!  Why didn't that person say thank you to me?  Well what if I write a thing that drives me crazy blog and I look like a real bitch?  Why did they say that in that tone?  Should I wear my hair straight or curly?  Seriously - everything.  I'm definitely working and getting better at this and am going to go with this is just part of being a woman to ease my mind on the topic a little haha but man do I drive myself crazy!! 


 
 
  
I am sure there are a ton more things that drive me crazy at times that I didn't think of right now.  And I fully realize these are all my opinions and people may feel drastically different about them.  But these are 9 things that drive me crazy and I hope it didn't drive you crazy reading them :)




2 comments:

  1. I love your gifs! I'm with you on all of these, especially voice mails and saying thank you. It's just not that hard to be kind. I think people are getting more and more self-centered. I also struggle with swearing. I don't do it at all around my kids so when I'm out with friends it's like I'm making up for lost time. I think it sounds trashy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - thanks! Sometimes I think I go GIF overboard but they're just too perfect not to use.

      I agree. Kind matters!

      Delete